Tuesday, November 19, 2013

SEPHORA'S NEW VIB ROUGE PERKS PROGRAM


As most of you must know Sephora has launched a new perks program. Previously they just had their Beauty Insider and VIB programs. Now they have added a third tier called "VIB Rouge" which launched back in August '13. The way it works is if you are a regular shopper at Sephora, you can join as a Beauty Insider. Once you've spent $350/year, you reach VIB Status. And after spending a whopping $1000/year, you reach VIB Rouge Status. Upon reaching VIB Rouge you will be given a small Red Bite beauty lipstick along with a shiny red VIB Rouge card. I gotta tell ya, the lipstick color is pretty nice! The sephora employees had told me it wasn't that great, but I personally like it! Its matte and not shiny/satiny.

This year during the VIB Sale, VIB & VIB Rouge members both received the same discount amount of 20%, which I personally didn't think was fair. Especially since the VIB Rouge members spend ALOT more than just the regular VIB members. I'm hoping next year they will change up things.

Throughout the year VIB Rouge members will receive invites to exclusive events and sales. I know recently they were offering the following limited time point exchanges:
  • 5000 Points- A trip to Los Angeles to get a haircut from LivingProof spokesperson Chris Macmillan
  • 5000 Points- A Marc Jacobs handbag (filled with $500 worth of Marc Jacobs beauty products + an autographed palette)
  • 10,000 Points- 4 day trip to Paris which includes a trip to Make Up Forever headquarters
Thats alot of points, but hey i'm close to 2200 points! I know i'm going to be saving up my points!! Unless something I love comes along of course. 

Overall, I like this program but I wish they would give us something similar to Ulta where we would be given the option to redeem our points for a dollar amount towards our next purchase.

What are your thoughts on their VIB Rouge Program?

No comments:

Post a Comment