Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sephora's NEW Formula X Nail Polish Review


During the VIB Event this past month I decided to pick up this set of Formula X Nail Polishes called "The Twenty Two". I knew Sephora had an amazing return policy and even though I have more than enough nail polishes, I just had to try these out! Everyone in the store and you tube had been raving about them. 

When I first tried one of these, I thought its just like any other nail polish I've tried. But then when it came to down to the drying time, let me tell you they dried SUPER FAST! And i'm talking 15-20 seconds! I would go to paint my right hand, and by the time I was done, my left was dry and ready for another coat! This is just amazing especially for impatient people who don't like to wait for their nails to dry. 

I put a base coat, then two coats of the nail polish and lastly the top coat. I went about my normal routine afterwards..washing dishes, laundry, cooking and managing two toddlers. My nail polish lasted two days. After that it had started to chip and just peel off! 
On my second attempt, I skipped the base coat and saw that it helped keep my nails pretty and polished for a good week! And this is along with doing all my chores around the house. I was surprised at how much of a difference skipping the base coat made! 

Overall, this nail polish set is a great value and I really do love the formula of these nail polishes. They truly are better than my Essie and OPI Nail polishes solely based on the drying/lasting time. Buying this set of mini nailpolishes brings each bottle out to $2.04 a piece (this is with my 20% vib discount). I think thats an amazing value! I know these are mini bottles but who uses up just one bottle of nail polish anyways?! If I end up loving a particular color, i'll go buy the full size when I run out. At least with buying this set I get to go through a range of different colors at a great price. The colors are not too bad, and seem to be mostly pastel type colors. It includes 4 mini bottles of the splatter effect top coats.
  

The colors from the Sephora website states the following colors:
Racy (metallic lavender), Rocket Fuel (metallic graphite gray green), Vroom (metallic rose gold), Wham! (white confetti), Infatuated (opaque powder blue), Unmistakable (opaque light jade), Brazen (opaque light pink), Indelible (opaque violet), Thrilling (opaque heather grey), Turbulent (light turquoise and black confetti), Radioactive (electric bright green), Zap (electric limoncello), Haphazard (electric purple), Eureka (opaque hot pink), Omni (opaque beach ball blue), Bionic (light lime green and black confetti), Dark Matter (opaque patent leather black), Extraordinary (opaque blue grey), Flashy (opaque classic red), Need For Speed (metallic silver), White Matter (opaque bright white), Meteoric (black and white confetti with rainbow micro sparkles).
I hope you get a chance to try these amazing nail polishes out. They truly are unique and allows us to create various types of design with the splatter top coats.

Let me know what you think of them below..!

No comments:

Post a Comment