Sunday, December 8, 2013

NARS "ITA" Brush for Contouring


I had been on the search for the perfect contour brush for a while now and I have bought several since my search started....only to be disappointed because the blending I just couldn't get down. I knew exactly where the product went on the face but in the end of it all, i'd just end up looking muddy. The bronzing powder I was trying to use to contour was the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (not the milk chocolate one). I have heard many good things about this too faced product when it came to contouring and I honestly thought this would be a breeze! Boy was I wrong...! So after watching several you tube guru videos on contouring I came down to the fact that I was buying the wrong type of brushes. Every brush I had bought was dense. That was the problem! The denseness in the brush was what was causing my contour not to blend out smoothly...in the end making me look muddy. 
Now a couple months back I had heard about the NARS Ita Brush (which is discontinued). But I was not willing to drop $36 on just one brush. That is why I went on this mission to find and purchase alternative brushes that wouldn't break the bank. I had heard about a Sonia Kashuk brush used for contouring sold at target, which was also discontinued so I was unable to find it anywhere. 
I finally caved, and bought the NARS Ita Brush from Amazon (hey at least I didn't have to pay for taxes, and I got prime shipping!). It costed me a flat $36. I was a bit hesitant but hoped that this brush would work! I am SO SO glad I purchased this brush. It is worth every penny because on the very first try I nailed it! My contour came out perfect! I didn't expect this to happen at all! I am just so happy that it was the actual brush that I was getting wrong, and not my technique. 

If you are in the market for a contour brush, definitely go get the NARS Ita. As per my knowledge, it is sold online at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and on Amazon. 

I give it a 5 stars!! I cannot say enough good things about this brush. It is soft, blends like a dream, and has that NARS rubbery quality to it on the handles.
I am one satisfied customer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment